INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
- 2 cups raw wheat germ (or raw almonds processed until mealy)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons cold-pressed vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cashew butter (or raw almond butter)
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 4 tablespoons flax seed powder
- 4 large apples (or pears), washed, quartered and cored
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled and cut in halves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 700 g pitted Californian sun-dried dates
- 1 cup water (or almond milk)
1. Pour the wheat germ and coconut into a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix the oil and cashew butter in a small bowl.
3. Pour the oil-cashew mixture into the larger bowl and mix thoroughly with the wheat germ and coconut, working them together with the fingers.
4. Brush a little oil around the inside of a 30-cm shallow pie dish.
5. Line the inside of the pie dish with the crust mixture, packing it flat and evenly against the sides and bottom.
6. Put the pie dish in the freezer for 45 minutes to set the crust.
7. When the crust is ready, prepare the filling. Place in a blender in order: soya milk powder, apples, bananas, cinnamon, dates, and then water. Blend at full speed until mixture is smooth (about 1 minute).
8. Pour the filling into the pie dish and spread evenly.
9. Return the pie to the freezer to set. If you want to be anti global-warming, just eat your pie immediately.